If you have vinyl planks installed in your home, it’s important to keep them clean and spot-free. A simple routine of regular vacuuming and dry mopping followed by more thorough wet mopping will go a long way toward protecting your flooring investment and keeping it looking great. It can also be beneficial to use vinyl cleaners on occasion if you notice any stains or discoloration that won’t come off on their own.
Things You’ll Need
– Wide planks
– Vacuum or dry mop the floor to remove dust, hair, and dirt – Wet mop and cleaning solution. – Commercial vinyl floor cleaners are available, but you can make a simple, plankor cleaner for vinyl floors by mixing apple cider vinegar with water.
How to Clean a New Floor
It’s easy to be intimidated by the thought of cleaning a new floor, but rest assured that there are some simple tricks that make the process much more straightforward. This is especially true if you’re working with luxury vinyl plank flooring.
1) Vacuum or dry mop your floor to remove any dust, hair, and dirt.
2) Mix one part vinegar with four parts water for an effective cleaner for vinyl floors.
3) Make sure you work in a small square at a time so you don’t miss any spots!
4) Use only distilled white vinegar because it has less water weight which makes it easier to clean up with less effort.
How to Maintain an Old Floor
One of the joys of owning a home is that you can remodel the rooms and hallways as you please. Some people are content with painting or adding new flooring, but others want their floors to be one-of-a-kind. Wooden planks design offers a way to create that very look. However, it’s not always easy because wooden planks design requires an old floor in order for it to work properly. Here are some things you should consider before laying down any wooden planks design
Wooden floor-wide planks can be tough to clean and maintain. A couple of things that you should do first: vacuum or dry mop the floor to remove dust, hair, and dirt. Then you’re ready to move on to a wet mop and a cleaning solution. Commercial vinyl floor cleaners are available, but you can breda plankor a simple, effective cleaner for vinyl floors by mixing apple cider vinegar with water. 1) Work from left-to-right across the planks with your mop in an S shape pattern; 2) To get into corners and at baseboards, slide the mop into place from one side; 3) Turn the board over, so that it rests on its long edge and repeat step 2 (this is called turning).
Clean Your Vinyl Planks
If you’re looking for a new flooring solution, vinyl planks are a perfect choice. However, they do require more maintenance than traditional hardwood floors. A good way to keep your new floor looking fresh is by following these steps: vacuum or dry mop the floor to remove dust, hair, and dirt; wet mop with a cleaning solution made from apple cider vinegar mixed with water; buy planks that come in the size you need for your room.