There are many users who need to combine archive PST files. If you are one of them, this blog can help you complete the task of merging PST files with ease. Here, we will discuss an instant solution to merge multiple PST files archived in Outlook. Read on for the full steps
There is no technology to merge archive files into another PST. However, different solutions can be used to merge two PST files. Let’s see why individuals need to merge archive files with other PST files.
Why You Need to Combine PST Files Together
Many people have many PST files in Outlook because it is difficult to manage and maintain many PST files. While a single PST file can offer some great benefits, such as:
- Keep backup copies of all data files
- Simplify by opening a file only once
- Don’t share each file individually
- combining multiple PST files makes it easy to maintain, access, and distribute.
Combine Archive PST Files With Another PST File
There are two methods of manual merging. Below we detail the method. Let’s take a look at the workflow of these two methods.
Part 1: Create a new blank PST file in Outlook
- Click New Item and select More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Choose a place to save the new PST file and give it a name
- Finally, click OK.
Part 2: Import all archive files to newly created blank PST file
- Select the File tab and select Open and Export >> Import / Export
- Press Import from another program or file, then click Next
- Click the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option & press Next
- Now find the file you want to import and select “Don’t import duplicates“
- Press the Include subfolders box and the Import items into the same folder box
- press finish and that’s it.
Automatic Solution to Combine Archive PST Files
For a quick and easy solution, use Free PST Merge Software. This application is specially programmed to merge Outlook data files into one without losing data. With this software, users can also combine password protected networks and active files. It also supports merging ANSI and UNICODE files into one UNICODE file. This software helps you to delete duplicate and merge contact folders instantly in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. With the self-expression wizard, the software can be easily managed by both technical and non-technical people. You will not encounter any errors when merging Outlook PST files with this software.
Few Steps to Merge Archive Outlook PST Files are as follows;
- Launch the Tool on your system and load the archive PST file
- Choose the Merge and Join option and press Next
- Select the Merge with the existing PST option
- Apply a filter and select a criterion to remove duplicates. Then click Next
- Hit on “Next” Tab to Start Process.
Using multiple PST files is an inconvenient task for Outlook users. This guide showed you how to combine archive PST files. Here we here we solved this problem manually. However, the manual steps can be complicated and confusing, and the files may get corrupted. However, the automated software has a trial version so you can estimate the power and use the advanced features of the software. The trial version allows users to first 15 items of each folder of PST file.
To Read More Article: Visit Here