Follow This 887 Visa Checklist to Get Your Visa Impeccably!
The permanent skilled regional visa or subclass 887 visa allows provisional skilled regional visa holders who lived and worked permanently in Australia to apply for permanent residency in a restricted area.
When you are granted the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, you and your family members are allowed to:
- Work and study in Australia without limits
- Live in Australia indefinitely
- You can travel back to your home country from Australia for five years from the date visa is issued
- You can apply for Australian citizenship
- Enrol in Medicare
- Sponsor eligible relatives for different Australian visas.
General Eligibility Criteria
You need to fulfill these eligibility criteria for the permanent skilled regional visa:
- Be inside of Australia during the time of lodging the visa.
- Before lodging the 887 Visa in Australia, you need to hold a qualifying visa for at least two years.
- You should have lived in a particular regional area of Australia for at least two years.
- You need to meet the relevant health and character requirements.
- You need to have worked full-time in a specific region for at least a year.
887 Visa Requirements Checklist
You must submit the subclass 887 visa application with all the important documents. One of the best ways to assure that the subclass 887 visa application is free of errors is to prepare an 887 visa checklist.
After preparing the checklist, you can accordingly find the required documents. The required documents are as follows:
- Lease agreements
- Utility bills like gas, electricity and much more.
- Title deeds of specific place of residence.
You can also submit other forms of residential evidence based on your condition. Some evidence that supports your health and character for the Visa Subclass 887 application is also required.
If you want to fulfil the work-related criteria, you need documentary proof of at least a year of work experience in a designated part of the country, along with the exact length of the employment. You need them in the form of:
- Tax returns
- Employment references (it needs to be free from any uncertainty and need to contain all the details of the company and employer)
- Evidence of contracts or superannuation.
If you are self-employed, you need to submit evidence of self-employment in the following forms:
- Registered documents of the company
- Tax documents
- Correctly audited financial statement of the company for the particular period
- Documents for evidence of essential contracts
- Membership if there is one of the business and professional association
- Prospectus of the company.
If the application for the Skilled Regional Visa 887 is rejected for any reason, it can jeopardize a candidate’s chances to be permanently migrated to the country. This is the reason why filing the 887 visa application with special care and proper attention is essential.
The candidates need to ensure that all the pieces of evidence provided with the visa application to the department are proper and do not have any inconsistency regarding validity. You can get in touch with a migration agent to properly understand the 887 visas in Australia.
Processing Time for the Subclass 887 Visa Application
The average 887 Visa processing time is around 18 months. About 75% of the visa applications take about 12 months, and 90% take around 18 months to complete. This specific visa in Australia has certain provisions for priority processing.
Irrespective of the time of the application form, the Australian department might consider certain applications on the basis of priority. If you want to know about the application processing in detail, you can contact visa consultants.
Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887)- Application Process
The subclass 887 visa application steps are divided into five steps:
- Step one– You need to gather all the important documentation.
- Step two– You can either be in or outside Australia during the application.
- Step three– You need to apply online.
- Step four– The Department of Home Affairs will review and process the application.
- Step five– After the application is approved after fulfilling the 887 Visa requirements, the visa grant notice will be sent to the applicant, including the visa grant number, the end date of the visa, and visa conditions where applicable.
Covid-19 and 887 Visa Application
If you are such an applicant, you need to show the following-
- Nine months of work in a specified regional area and
- 18 months of residence in a specific regional area
For applicants who live in Australia, they need to show the following:
- Nine months of full-time work in a specific Australian regional area
- Two years of residence in a particular regional area of Australia.
Commitments in Respect of the Subclass Visa 487 Skilled Regional Visa
The applicant and their family members/dependents must comply with all the requirements of subclass 887 Australian visa and need to follow the country’s laws.
For a more detailed view of the visa conditions, you can reach out to different immigration agents. They can help you with different things related to the specific visa.
If you want to know more about the benefits and procedures of the 887 visa for staying in Australia, you can contact migration agents in Perth.
You might also like this to read!