In short: Here! Many users are going through a question about how they can split PST files without Outlook. So today we have brought the solutions of those users whom we will tell through this blog. So without wasting any time let us start the blog.
But before starting the write-up. Let us understand the PST file and why many users want this process. So, in the upcoming section, we will explain all the things to you.
Short Definition on PST File
PST (Personal Storage Table) was created by Microsoft specifically for storing user data such as emails, messages, calendars, events, tasks, and other data in Windows Massages, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Outlook. PST has a file size limit of 50 GB. But due to an overload of PST files, users may face many problems.
Split PST Files Without Outlook – Causes
So as told in the intro of PST itself that the file size limit of PST is 50 GB but there can be many reasons why users have to split large PST files into multiple smaller parts, so let us know in this part. is about the same reasons:
- File Size Limit: PST files have a maximum file size limit of around 50 GB, and if the file exceeds this limit, it can become corrupted and unable to be opened. Splitting the file can prevent this from happening.
- Improved Organization: Splitting a PST file can make it easier to organize and manage emails, as well as make it easier to search and locate specific emails.
- Backup and Archiving: Splitting a PST file can make it easier to back up and archive specific subsets of emails, rather than having to back up or archive the entire PST file.
- Sharing with Others: If someone wants to share only specific parts of their email archive with others, they can split the PST file and share only the relevant parts.
- Performance: Large PST files can cause slow performance in Outlook. Splitting them can boost performance and make outlook run smoothly.
So we all have come to know about the reasons for splitting PST and now we will know about the solutions which we are going to present to you in the upcoming section. Let us move.
Professionally Divide Large PST File Into Multiple Smaller Parts
In order to split PST files without Outlook faster and more accurately, you can use MSOUTLOOKTOOLS PST File Splitter Software which is the best and most tested tool by IT Experts. This utility is beneficial for both tech and non-tech users. You can divide a PST file by size, date, folder, and year with the use of this application. While splitting enormous Outlook data files, it preserves data integrity.
Key Features of PST File Splitter
- You can divide Outlook archive files with this tool without losing any data. With all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other objects, it divided the Outlook data files.
- With the help of this option, one can divide an Outlook PST file into the desired date ranges. The software will produce numerous PST files, some of which will contain data from before the specified date and others from after the date.
- With the ability to divide a PST file by folder, it can make a separate PST file for each folder, including Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Contacts, Journals, and others. This option will assist you in backing up messages, contacts, journals, notes, personal folders, etc. if you want to export the Outlook PST file to a different place by folder.
- Since MS Outlook does not need to be installed on the device in order to split the Outlook PST into smaller pieces, split software is an independent program. The tool is incredibly user-friendly and has a great design that makes it simple to use. It delivers the needed outcomes instantly and quickly.
Manually Split PST File Into Multiple PST
If you want to split PST files without Outlook then use the free solution. So, there is no straightforward process. For this, you have to try many methods, so below we have told you the steps of manual methods, which are divided into two parts.
Keep this in mind: You will need Microsoft Outlook installation on your system with a user account configured to use the methods mentioned below. So, in this case, we recommended you use the third-party tools mentioned above.
# 1: Decrease PST Size By Via Outlook Archiving Features
To reduce the file size of PST, you can use the archive feature which is available in Outlook. Follow the mentioned steps.
- Go to the “File” tab in “MS Outlook” after opening it.
- Pick “Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items” next.
- After that, select a “Folder” to archive,
- Then, select “Date in Archive items folder” then the box and click “Browse” to save the archive file at the desired destination.
- Lastly, hit on the “OK” button to finish this process.
# 2: Reduce PST File Size By Using the Move to Folder Option
You can go with the move to folder option to split large PST files into multiple parts. Follow the step-by-step process to complete this task:
- Lunch “Microsoft Outlook >> File >> Account Settings“.
- After that, select “Data Files” and then hit on the “Add” button to “Make a New Outlook Data File”.
- Then, Open the default PST file from the Home screen, then choose the items you wish to move to the new PST file you just made.
- After that, from the “Top” pree the “Move” button and choose a copy to the “Folder” button.
- Lastly, pick the PST file from the option to “copy the chosen items to the folder” and then click “OK.”
Here! In this whole article, we guided you on how to split PST files without Outlook. Also, we told you about the top two methods, which help you in doing this task. If you choose a manual method to perform this splitting process then you may face many challenges. So, to overcome all the shortcomings you should use a smart and reliable solution.