renoarticle: You can’t open email attachments in Mac Outlook. You are having difficulties solving it. So, here, we explain the reason for this problem and the solutions to fix it.
When you save the data in Mac Outlook, the data is stored in the OLK file extension. When you archive or export that data, then, the data is transferred from OLK to OLM file. Hence, OLM file is a database file in which it stores all mailbox items in one file including emails, events, calendars, contacts, attachments, etc. This file can only be accessed in Mac Outlook. That means you cannot open OLM files in Windows Outlook.
Can’t Open Email Attachments in Mac Outlook Issue
When you access an email with attachments in Mac Outlook, you encounter an error unable to open email attachments in Mac Outlook. Following are the reasons that cause this issue.
- You use an outdated Mac Outlook version.
- Mac Outlook uses compatible issues.
- The file format you use does not support attachments.
Because of all these reasons your Mac Outlook not downloading email attachments. Now, we are going to discuss the solutions to solve this problem.
Solutions to Solve Unable to Open Email Attachments in Mac Outlook
We can solve this problem in two ways. First is manual solution. In this, we use two methods: update the Mac Outlook program and clear the cache. The next solution is a professional one. If you want to import OLM files and solve the issue of can’t open email attachments in Mac Outlook. Then, you can use this solution. So, the solution for Mac Outlook not downloading email attachments is.
- Manual solution: where we use two methods to fix the issue.
- Professional solution: in this, we use software to solve the problem.
Manual Solution for Can’t Open Email Attachments in Mac Outlook
This solution is free and there are two methods which you can use to solve the problem.
- Update the Mac Outlook program: Using an outdated program can cause many problems. So, it is advisable you are using updated Mac Outlook for smooth working.
- Clear the cache mode of Mac Outlook: The problem of being unable to open email attachments in Mac Outlook can also be caused by the syncing problem of Mac Outlook and the exchange server. In that case, we clear the cache mode.
So, these are the manual solution for Mac Outlook not downloading email attachments. Now, we are going to show the steps to use these methods one by one.
Method 1: Update Mac Outlook Program
- First, open the Mac Outlook program. Got the help option in the menu bar.
- Select the check for updates option from the list of help.
- If an update is available, download the latest version to update your Mac Outlook.
- You can also put Mac Outlook in the Auto-update option. By clicking the auto-update button. With this, if a new version is available the program is automatically updated.
Method 2: Clear Cache Mode
If there is no update available then, you can use this method for can’t open email attachments in Mac Outlook problem.
- First, go to the navigation pane and right-click the pane.
- Click on the properties option. From there you can see the empty cache option.
- Click on the Empty cache option. After clicking, then go to the folder that contains the attachments.
- Now, right-click on the folders. Then, click on the synchronization now button.
Limitations of Manual Solution
This solution is free and easy to use, but these methods have a lot of problems. Some of them are.
- It is a temporary solution. There are chances that the problem will occur again.
- These methods are not applicable, if your OLM file is corrupted.
- It is also not used in those files, which does not support the attachments.
- Chances of losing the data or the attachments are there.
So, a manual solution is not a good option for Mac Outlook not downloading email attachments. Therefore, we are going to use another solution to solve this problem.
Professional Solution for Can’t Open Email Attachments in Mac Outlook
Importing an OLM file in other Windows can help us to solve unable to open email attachments in Mac Outlook. Because we can save the data more securely and any issues will be solved. However, the OLM file cannot be opened in Windows. Because both Windows and Mac Outlook use two different file formats. That’s why we use software to convert the files. Use SysTools OLM to PST converter that converts OLM files into PST. it converts the file very easily and also provides various features.
Features of Software
- The software generates a preview of the file before the conversion.
- It offers a feature to split the resulting PST files.
- With this, you can maintain data integrity and folder hierarchy.
- Users can effectively convert OLM files in PST along with attachments.
The Process to Convert OLM File to PST File
- First download and install the software.
- Click on Add file option and browse the file with attachments. Then, click on the Add file.
- After clicking, the scanning process will start. After the scan is complete, click yes to save a copy of the scanned file.
- Now, preview your file and attachments. If you want to export all files, click on the Export option.
- If you want to export only selected files. Then, click on export selected.
- Select PST as export type and click on the browse button to choose a location to save your file.
- After that, click on maintain folder hierarchy and then, the export option.
In this article, we discuss the reason behind can’t open email attachments in Mac Outlook. We also explain the different solutions to solve this problem. Here, we use manual and professional solutions. In the manual solution, we use two methods, both methods are free but this method can work temporarily and is limited. As a professional solution, we can solve the problem of Mac Outlook not downloading email attachments by converting the files. This is the best solution as you can import your OLM file in Windows and fix the issue.